If you missed anything from the ASOR facebook or twitter pages this week, don’t worry. We’ve rounded up some of this week’s archaeology news into one convenient post. If we missed any major archaeological stories from this week, feel free to let us know in the comment section![list type=”icons-book”]
- “The Bible’s Prehistory, Purpose, and Political Future” – A free course by Jacob Wright of Emory University.
- Traces of a Civil War era military fortress found beneath Alcatraz.
- Italy Investigating New Collapses in Ancient Pompeii
- Tomb of Apostle Philip Found
- Ask an Archaeologist: Semitic Museum at Harvard with Adam Aja
- Ancient Egyptian Soldier’s Letter Home Deciphered
- Excavations at an Anglo Norman castle in Ireland are extended after the discovery of a secret tunnel
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR) makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this blog or found by following any link on this blog. ASOR will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information. ASOR will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. The opinions expressed by Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of ASOR or any employee thereof.